As featured on Forbes.com, ranked in the top 1% Platinum Seller’s Rating on DriveThruRPG and having sold over 26,000 physical copies and 62,000 digital copies worldwide, ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG is a bloodier, grimmer and grittier version of classic tabletop role-playing games you may already familiar with. The community calls this style of gaming the ‘pathetic aesthetic’, but we simply call it grim & perilous gaming.
ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG is a restroclone and spiritual successor to Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay first and second editions, an unrepentant OSR heartbreaker released under Creative Commons License Share-Alike. It is a fantasy tabletop role-playing game, one where adventurers will:
- Live in a gritty, ‘realistic’ fantasy world
- Make morally grey decisions & enact vicious reprisals
- Uncover insidious plots & political intrigue
- Desperately fight in clandestine & open field combat
- Defend themselves from injuries, madness & mutations
- Take part in heart-pumping chase scenes
- Venture into the wilderness & survive its perils
- Encounter sanity-blasting creatures & their minions
Using the classical D100 system, you will create grim characters, write perilous adventures and build low fantasy & dark fantasy campaigns. These rules are perfectly suitable to run Renaissance and medieval-styled adventures, too. You can also use this book to craft homebrew stories set in the works of Andrzej Sapkowski The Witcher, George R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice And Fire, Glen Cook’s Black Company, Scott Lynch’s Gentlemen Bastards and other ‘grimdark’-inspired worlds.
This all-in-one game includes most of what you need to play: a character creation guide, game mastery rules and a bestiary brimming with creatures both fair & foul. All that’s left to gather are a few friends, pencils and a handful of dice.