ZWEIHHÄNDER has been nominated in the 2018 ENnies Awards for Best Game and Product of the Year!
As featured on Forbes.com, ranked in the top 20, best-selling Platinum Rated list on DriveThruRPG and having sold over 62,000 copies worldwide, ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG is a bloodier, grimmer and grittier version of classic tabletop role-playing games you may already familiar with. The community calls this style of gaming the ‘pathetic aesthetic’, but we simply call it grim & perilous gaming.
ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG is a fantasy tabletop role-playing game, one where adventurers will:
- > Live in a gritty, ‘realistic’ fantasy world
- > Make morally grey decisions & enact vicious reprisals
- > Uncover insidious plots & political intrigue
- > Desperately fight in clandestine & open field combat
- > Defend themselves from injuries, madness & mutations
- > Take part in heart-pumping chase scenes
- > Venture into the wilderness & survive its perils
- > Encounter sanity-blasting creatures & their minions
Using the classical D100 system, you will create grim characters, write perilous adventures and build low fantasy & dark fantasy campaigns. These rules are perfectly suitable to run Renaissance and medieval-styled adventures, too. You can also use this book to create your own homebrewed worlds, whether inspired by the works of Andrzej Sapkowski’s The Witcher, George R.R. Martin’s Game of Thrones, Glen Cook’s Black Company, Myke Cole’s The Armored Saint, Robert E. Howard’s Solomon Kane, Scott Lynch’s Gentlemen Bastards or other ‘grimdark’-inspired media.
This all-in-one game includes most of what you need to play: a character creation guide, game mastery rules and a bestiary brimming with creatures both fair & foul. All that’s left are a few friends, pencils and a handful of dice.
ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG awaits, and the fate of your grim & perilous tale hangs in the balance!