As featured on Forbes.com, ranked one of the best-selling RPGs of all time at DriveThruRPG as an Adamantine Metal product, charted as the #6 best-selling fantasy tabletop role-playing game at GeekNative and having moved over 26,000 physical copies and 62,000 digital copies worldwide, ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG is a bloodier, grimmer and grittier version of classic tabletop role-playing games you may already familiar with. The community calls this style of gaming the “pathetic aesthetic”, but we simply call it grim & perilous gaming.
ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG is a fantasy tabletop role-playing game, one where adventurers will:
- Live in a gritty, ‘realistic’ fantasy world
- Make morally grey decisions & enact vicious reprisals
- Uncover insidious plots & political intrigue
- Desperately fight in clandestine & open field combat
- Defend themselves from injuries, madness & mutations
- Take part in heart-pumping chase scenes
- Venture into the wilderness & survive its perils
- Encounter sanity-blasting creatures & their minions
Using the classical d100 system, you will create grim characters, write perilous adventures and build low fantasy & dark fantasy campaigns. These rules are perfectly suitable to run Renaissance and medieval-styled adventures, too. You can also use this book to create your own homebrewed worlds, whether inspired by the works of Andrzej Sapkowski’s The Witcher, George R.R. Martin’s Game of Thrones, Glen Cook’s Black Company, Myke Cole’s The Armored Saint, Robert E. Howard’s Solomon Kane, Scott Lynch’s Gentlemen Bastards or other ‘grimdark’-inspired media. And yes, you can use it with the Old World if you are so inclined.
This all-in-one game includes most of what you need to play: a character creation guide, game mastery rules and a bestiary brimming with creatures both fair & foul. All that’s left are a few friends, pencils and a handful of dice.
ZWEIHÄNDER Grim & Perilous RPG awaits, and the fate of your grim & perilous tale hangs in the balance!
Reasons To Believe
- Zweihander has over 68,000 players world-wide, with a demographic spread between the US, UK, Poland, the EU and Australia.
- Zweihänder Grim & Perilous RPG won the Best Game and Product of the Year at GenCon 2018: http://www.ennie-awards.com/
- GeekNative reported Zweihänder Grim & Perilous RPG is the #6 best-selling fantasy RPG on DriveThruRPG for 2018: https://www.geeknative.com/
- Zweihänder Grim & Perilous RPG is published by Andrews McMeel Universal, the same publishers as The Oatmeal, Exploding Kittens, The Boondocks and others: http://publishing.
- Zweihänder Grim & Perilous RPG is the #1 New Release on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/ZWEIHANDER-Grim-Perilous-RPG-Core/dp/1524851663/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1547568885&sr=1-1&keywords=zweihander+dungeons+and+dragons
- Zweihänder Grim & Perilous RPG is on Forbes.com as one of the top 5 Kickstarter games on their list: https://www.forbes.com/sites/
erikkain/2016/08/23/five- really-cool-tabletop-games-on- kickstarter-right-now/# 7b938c041305
- Zweihänder Grim & Perilous RPG is on wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
- Zweihänder Grim & Perilous RPG is being ran by Encounter Roleplay on Twitch for #Blackhearts: https://www.twitch.tv/